How Your Donation Will Be Used
Thank you for supporting TCAPP. 100% of donations are used for programming to help kids living with complex pain syndromes and with our mission of uniting families of children with rare and complex disease. Some of the programs that your donation will help support include:
- Send A Smile, sends care packages to kids who are struggling, or are in the hospital and let kids know they are not alone.
- Pediatric Pain Camp: Three years ago, TCAPP founded one of the countries first pediatric summer camp for kids living with complex pain in partnership with The Center For Courageous Kids. This medically supervised camp empowers kids and brings the fun of summer to children living with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Mitochondrial disease, Chiari, Marfan's, Sticklers and Dysautonomia. These rare conditions can be isolating and meeting other kids and families who understand, and share your challenges is often the best medicine that camp can offer. The friendships formed and memories of summer fun help so many of these kids year round. Donations from Ace Cash Express, RSDSA, US Pain Foundation and Rock Out to Knock Out RSD and individual contributions help cover all expenses so that families in need can enjoy this life changing week.
- Hannah Bernard Scholarship Fund: Kids battling chronic illness have unique challenges when it comes to pursuing an education. The Hannah Bernard Scholarship will be awarded to help medically complex kids with educational needs.
- Complicated The Documentary: This groundbreaking documentary currently in production seeks to raise awareness of the unique challenges that kids with rare disease or conditions with no cure face trying to get good medical care in today's cookie cutter healthcare system. Help us raise awareness and start a dialogue to change how medicine views and treats complicated kids.
- Shannon Memorial Research Fund: Help support doctors on the front lines treating rare and complex disease by helping us fund much needed research projects.
- Family Assistance Fund: From travel expenses to uncovered medical costs, TCAPP's family assistance fund aims to help families devastated by the financial cost of their children's healthcare needs.